A CUP OF JO: What are your favorite baby names ?

At the park yesterday, we met a baby with the coolest name...

...Lion! How rad is that? We also know a boy named "Bear" and a boy named "Wolf." They could get together and create a little pack.

Would you choose a classic or offbeat name? The best baby-naming book I've read is Baby Names Now. My friend showed me her copy recently and couldn't stop flipping through it. They suggested awesome names that I wouldn't have thought of, and the book was also super opinionated. (One listing simply read: "Hortense. No!") I'd highly recommend it, if you're brainstorming names.
My current favorite names are Porter for a boy and Lucy for a girl. (My twin sister's name is Lucy, and I'd love to name my future daughter after her.) But they're always changing, so who knows what will happen by the time we have a second child. My friend is a genius at baby naming; her son's name is Jude, and her daughter's name is Theodora, but they call her "Teddy." How cute is that??!!

What are your favorite baby names these days? Do you care if the name is popular or not? Would you name your baby after a family member? I'd love to hear...

P.S. The Top 100 Baby Names of 2011, and the blind date test for choosing baby names.

(Top photo of Toby when he was just a few months old)

Previous
Next Post »